Monday, April 28, 2008

outrageous

i’ve always liked
to joke to myself
that somewhere
in the future

i’m already dead!

mellow fragrances
milder symphonies
knock
at the threshhold

of oblivion!

mysterious memories
defy recall
still i try hard
to listen

as the sunset
of consciousness
slowly melts
into a dark night

of unknown emotions!

and suddenly
spasmodically
i yearn for someone
sans or with reason

far away
the moonlight
splashes
over rustling leaves

sounding like
the soft whisperings
of childhood melodies
yes,i do try mom

to jolt myself
out of the voodoo
of surreal forms
and images

till i wake up!

to the perfumes
of “annunciation:
the time of flowers”
[abstract art Title]

in this structured
unstructuredness
of life!,sometimes
outrageous ~ /original/z.g.

.._(original post edited/modified )
{ref:painting/art>bkacicek-“annunciation;the time of flowers”}

5 comments:

sgreerpitt said...

Very evocative poem, but I think I like best the line about "structured unstructuredness"

Deborah Godin said...

Hi!! I am so glad I double-checked your profile and this blog, with this comment moderation format. I feel just terrible that that I haven't been able to post comments to either of your blogs on OSI. I have Somewhere Beyond on my readers list, and read every new post. I also keep trying every week to post comments to you on OSI - I know I have been able to once or twice, but it hasn't worked for a few weeks now; there seems to be not rhyme nor reason why I can occasionally post but not always. Even some blogs that I always can post comments on sometimes don't work for me. But I'm still out here reading; I like your work very much, and like I said, I feel just terrible that I couldn't reach you. Now that I know I can comment here, I'll just make any comments on any of your other blogs here at this one. I think the problem I have with comments may be due to an incompatibility between Firefox and Internet Explorer - not sure. But it's very frustrating. Several other OSI contributers use the same format as your blogs do. Anyway, I'm glad you raised the question! And thank you for your kind words about my work as well.
Best regards,
Deb

Deborah Godin said...

I've been to both your sites for the prompt "Paradox" - love the string a haikus, especially putting together "bearish" with "nightmarish", makes an intriguing visual rhyme (if I can call lit that) And the longer poem is really good!

Deborah Godin said...

Beautiful words and images on the OSI prompt Courage. I like the interplay between 'son' and 'sun'.

Deborah Godin said...

Hi again - Zoya, although I read you work often, and visit your OSI every time you post there, I don't always come here to fill up this blog with my comments, but I had to come today after reading your contributions on the current prompt 'welcoming' to say that I was very moved by your words in response to the terrible attacks on Mumbai. Take care.